When it comes to matzah most people either love it or they could leave it! Here's a recipe for homemade matzah that you'll want to keep around.
- 1 cup of Warm Water to a bowl
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1 Tsp. of Salt
- 3 1/2 cups of Flour (This recipe uses Unbleached White Flour and Whole Wheat Flours in equal measure, any combination is fine, but the amount of needed may vary.)
- Griddle or Cast Iron Skillet preferred.
- Add 1 cup of Warm Water to a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- Add 1 Tsp. of Salt
- Add 3 1/2 cups of Flour
- Mix/Kneed all ingredients together until soft,but not sticky. (Add more flour if necessary)
[Turn on Griddle or Skillet to Medium Low]
- Divide dough into 5 equal balls
- Lightly flour the counter and a rolling pin with All purpose flour
- Roll out each ball into a circle 1/4 inch thick — Flip and re-flour periodically to avoid sticking.
- Cook both sides until they are golden brown (It may be harder to tell with whole Wheat) (IF possible, cover griddle or skillet with a lid to help cook without drying out)
Final results will resemble home made tortilla or flatbread.
If the thought of a whole week of eating matzah isn't appealing to you, give this recipe a try! You may end up wanting some after passover is over!